Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Monday, July 03, 2006

Nuclear weapons

This excellent analysis by Prof Paul Rogers of Gordon Brown's recent pronouncements on the need to have nuclear weapons neatly shows up the warped logic being used to justify this massive expenditure.

I remember a university trip to NATO HQ in the early eighties where the military justification for targetting the major cities, such as Moscow, was that the Generals and Politicans will have moved elsewhere. It was important not to strike any significant military infrastructure so that military communications remained intact and that the military didn't panic.

I was deeply impressed with the quality of the NATO proceedures which allowed me to walk out past the security checks with my security pass still intact. I think I still have it somewhere.

No comments: