Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Friday, July 21, 2006

Uist

I’m standing outside my car on a glorious Friday afternoon having my lunch before I go to see my next client.

I’m in Uist on business, and the weather is absolutely fabulous, and likely to get even better for the North Uist Games this afternoon.

The only downside is a prevalence of clegs (“horseflies”) where I have parked. I haven’t seen them for a long time, and I react very badly to their bite, so I’m going to have to move in a wee while to find a better spot, and a wireless connection to post this.

I’m parked on the Dunganachy to Reuval road watching the plane land at Balivanich, and seeing helicopter manoeuvres all around the place. I can see my clients at their house, but I’m still half an hour early, so I’ll sit in the sun for a while longer.

I feel very privileged to be able to come to Uist and Barra so regularly, and really appreciate the scenery.

1 comment:

John said...

It's a good year for midges, but a bad year for clegs. I've got a forum posting about both of them.