Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Gossips

It is sometimes amazing how much other people “know” about you – even things you didn’t know yourself.

However, you get used to these malicious rumours and carry on regardless.

This week I have been accused of being an employee of Amec (which obviously conflicts with my role in planning). A certain newspaper was fed this story, which I can unreservedly refute – I have not, never, ever been employed by Amec, any subsidiary, associate, nor has any friend or relation. Nor has my wife or my business. My goldfishes refuse to confirm or deny they hold shares, but as they have left their money to Nemo, I think I’m OK.

Strangest of all, today I was told my website had been taken down by the Police due to libellous comments. This is self-evidently wrong; legally implausible (if not impossible); and betrays the source of the gossip [I didn’t delete your offensive and threatening email!] but also shows the level of interest and controversy I kick up. I’m quite proud of that, in a modest kind of way (smiley).

No comments: