Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Thursday, July 05, 2007

A lifestyle

Langass Lodge, North UistThis morning found me sitting in the beautiful surroundings of Langass Lodge, in North Uist.

I had an early start, and then a quick drive to Leverburgh, before catching the ferry to North Uist. After a 6am alarm call, I was in the much more relaxing surroundings of the hotel by 10am.

As I sat there reviewing the paperwork, I looked up and out of the window and only 10 meters away watched a wild pheasant feed in the lawns.

Last time we were there, the same was happening, with half-a-dozen grouse watching the guests having a pre-dinner drink. And the guests watching the pheasant, thinking about having one for dinner.

A mad rush round the islands, and discussions on two alternative energy schemes later and I'm back home for tea.
Pheasant lunchDinner/Guest

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"As I sat there reviewing the paperwork, I looked up and out of the window and only 10 meters away watched a wild pheasant feed in the lawns."

This could have been an extract from Lady Matheson's diary at the castle, if you removed an 'h'.