Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Travel to Sweden

I left Stornoway at lunchtime today to attend the Council of Ministers of the North Sea Commission in Gotenburg, and arrived in my hotel at 10pm minus my luggage. My flight from Copenhagen had been cancelled and I was able to get onto the earlier flight, but my luggage never made it.

I’m sitting in my hotel room with my laptop; and emergency overnight kit from SAS and the desperate hope that the suitcase will be waiting for me tomorrow morning. There is almost nothing to see out of the hotel window, as it is long dark, and I cannot identify what I am looking at, apart from a football stadium(?) off to my right, which is bathed in light.

I’m knackered, lonely and stressed about tomorrow, and there is not even a minibar in the room. The booze prices here are horrendous, as I remember from my last visit in 2004, so it perhaps just as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boo hoo hoo! As if anyone actually cares about your luggage! get real!