Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Technical problems

Is Micro$oft wonderful.

I've designed the site using Firefox; I use Thunderbird as my home email client; and Internet Explorer as rarely as possible.

I know that most people use IE (the logs show this), but it is exceptionally frustrating when simple design ideas are destroyed by Redmond. object data="..." doesn't work in IE unless you change the security settings to allow "access to data sources across domains". Why not just build a safe and secure product first time, rather than have to disable these functions? Grrrr.

Tonight's task is to get this to work across the browsers, or failing which persuade you all to use Firefox.

1 comment:

Angus said...

That's funny - in IE on my wife's computer the text is hard left, but it looks fine on my IE!

I had had the problem on my Firefox, but I thought it was sorted. As I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing, I'll keep trying until it works properly.