Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Friday, January 12, 2007

Power cuts

Two major power outages in two days, resulting (in my case) in loss of data, frustration and naughty words being shouted across the room.

Just imagine, imagine, an island where the wind was harnessed to provide continuing subsidised power to the residents rather than one where the wind meant cold, dark nights.

I could hardly hear myself speak above the noise of the wind in the street today, yet some people still seem to think that you will be able to hear the wind turbines over the gale!!!

2 comments:

AIF said...

Angus; I know this is tangential to the point you were trying to make, but have you ever considered an uninterruptable power supply to avoid the loss of important data during power cuts?

Angus said...

Alasdair; the server is protected by a UPS but the desktop machines aren't. This may have to change, or I'll stick a wind turbine on the roof.