Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Popularity contest

Written answers 4/2/09 in the House of Commons:
--------

Angus MacNeil (Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs; Fishing and Tourism; Transport); Na h-Eileanan an Iar, Scottish National Party)

To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland how many hits his Department's blog has received in each month since its launch.

Ann McKechin (Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Scotland Office; Glasgow North, Labour)
The number of visits to the Secretary of State's blog each month since its launch in October 2008 is set out in the following table:

Month Number of hits
October 2008 5,077
November 2008 4,910
December 2008 4,450
January 2009 5,142

---

Officially I am more popular than the Scottish Secretary! And certainly more entertaining, if I can be so immodest, than the turgid, humourless, prose of Jim Murphy.
On Friday, I was in the Gorbals with the Prime Minister meeting apprentices when President Obama called to speak to Gordon.
or
In my twelve years in Parliament I have never seen the snow settle in central London. So yesterday, as I headed to Glasgow Airport, I was surprised to hear that Heathrow was closed due to snow. Instead of flying to London I spent the day in Glasgow working and concentrating on the strikes at Grangemouth and Longannet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it don't take much to be more popular than almost any politian, these days...

Anonymous said...

The comment under that second posting of his is suitably scintillating.