Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Business Gateway

I have a good working relationship with Business Gateway and their mostly successful support for local business.

Why, I am asked by a local businessman, are Business Gateway (Western Isles) aka Comhairle nan Eilean Siar, providing grant support to an Aberdeenshire business??  Albeit one run by the Lewis diaspora.

I truly hope the new business succeeds, but when I see other businesses who are refused funding you have to ask if the criteria are being equitably and objectively.

4 comments:

Graham said...

Could you elaborate please. Name of the business and trading activity, for example.

Anonymous said...

This must have been written tongue in cheek.

The BG people have absolutely no idea of business and make non sensical recommendations to naive individuals.

I would love to see the statistics for how much of the money they have lent out has actually been repaid and how many of the businesses they have supported are still trading.

Anonymous said...

Having had the misfortune to try and get 'help' from the business gateway I know 1st hand how utterly useless a setup it is, to add to that, nepotism is rife in the WI branch.

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

The business gateway is a complete waste of tax payers money as is Scottish 'Enterprise'. It's a fact.

Angus said...

Graham. No, I won't.