Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Internet security

Your Internet security is only as good as the weakest link.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am that weakest link.

After a unexpected, and I think entirely innocent, attempt to access the blog by a third party the password was reset and sent to a secure email address.  So secure, that I had forgotten the password.  And as I was away, the computer on which the password reminder was stored was inaccessible due to power cuts. 

By the time I could access my pc, the web mail had been pulled down by the other persons pc, and then it had crashed due to the power cuts.

Oh dear.

Finally, I got the link to answer the security questions and reset the password.  Lesson learnt and email addresses changed.

What passes for normal service is resumed and the 300+ comments moderated.

No comments: