Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

LWP (ad infinitum)

Today has been spent dealing with News 24 and the BBC service (same people, different reports) as they try to lay out their plans for tomorrows continuous broadcasts. Andrew Castle is in town preparing for a day of constant and unremitting "live" reports on planning process.

Tomorrow (Thursday) I have a 6:15 appointment at the BBC in Stornoway to go on the Today programme to discuss the generalities of planning matters, and I am already on edge given the importance of tomorrow.

Anyone who says they never get nerves is lying. I long ago realised that the absence of "brown adrenalin" was a recipe for disaster, and that keeping yourself nervous meant that you give great thought to what you are going to say. I know that older son will wake us at 5am as usual to play the (educational) computer games so I'll be up and about in time.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day, and I do not expect to emerge from it with everyone loving me. However, as always, I will do what I believe is best for the Western Isles as a whole and live with the consequences.

I've still got a lot of reading and research to do tonight, and thanks to one of the many Anons for their comments. It would be so easy to duck a decision, but that has never been my style. And I've never been afraid of being controversial or admitting my mistakes.

Ho hum. (That's a throwback to my youthful reading of Kurt Vonnegut Jnr).

I will spend much of tomorrow getting my head around some new material and then working out what I intend to say. Stress! Still, like what I say or otherwise, I like to think I am better than a Councillor who avoids a difficult decision, and I'll take the crap that come with it -- within reason.

No comments: