Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Bergen declaration

I got back to the office to find correspondence from KIMO in connection with the Council of Ministers meeting in Gotenburg in May. I've some pieces of correspondence to send out, and I realise that to fully understand what I am signing I will need to read the Bergen Declaration from 2002.

I've already got the draft declaration that the Ministers will be finalising and signing in May, so I need to see how KIMO's aims fit in with the draft declaration and the previous one.

(This may come as a surprise, but the officials agree the main points of the declaration well in advance, leaving just a few identified issues for the Ministers, KIMO and a few other parties to haggle over. My job will be to persuade a few Ministers that X is a key issue, and that they should argue Y when it comes in front of them.)

Another weekend will be being swallowed up in paperwork - except when the Rugby is on - and I will have to throw away a lot of the paper in my study or it will become a health hazard!

No comments: