Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Public interest

It's really flattering to see the level of interest in the blog, which far exceeds that which I expected.

I've never been shy about participating in public debate, and I have allowed anyone to post to the blog without restriction.

Unfortunately, one sad, lonely and bitter person has been trolling my entire site and is repeatedly posting offensive comments to the blog (two timed at 9:50 and 10:01 this morning alone), and I have removed them. I have not taken anything else off the site. If I was censoring debate would I have left the "**** head" comment in place??

I now have the choice of allowing either Registered Users only to comment, or allowing me to filter and approve/reject each posting. I've gone for the latter for the time being, only to weed out the troll.

Sorry, but there's always one person who spoils it for the rest.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a shame that Angus has had to do this due to one very sad individual who obviously has no interest in local issues affecting our nurses and children and who is totally self-serving. All I can say is get a life or go and pester someone else.

ADB said...

Angus, seen that happening on another Hebrides-related message board. It's most unfortunate, but you can't allow one idiot to spoil it for everybody else.

Anonymous said...

I think it a pointless exercise to have this as a public site if you are known to be censoring all the information. Surley this will lead to some bias?!

Anonymous said...

not quite sure why you find the interest shown in the nursery flattering for yourself. From what has been said previously if the parents that are concerned now had shown concern earlier, including yourself the current situation might not be happening.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
I think it a pointless exercise to have this as a public site if you are known to be censoring all the information. Surley this will lead to some bias?!

6:48 PM


Some people are just impossible!!!! I find this blog quite refreshing - and I didn't even vote for you!! May change my mind though...