Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Members Informal

Every series of meetings at the Comhairle, there is an informal meeting, usually on the Monday, at which the key issues for the week are outlined, and at which members can identify matters that concern them.

Contrary to popular belief, no decisions are taken, and it is usually an opportunity to give a verbal going over to the Convener, Vice-Convener and/or the Chief Executive on anything they have done wrong. Or have been perceived to have done wrong. Or sometimes, just for sport.

Whispers reach me that this blog may feature at the next Informal, with one member very keen to rebut any suggestions of double-dealing, duplicity, being two-faced and generally trying to protect (what he thinks is) his reputation. Hopefully, he'll remember to mention the threatening lawyers letters he sent me about the blog.

No doubt there will be much sniggering behind hands as the sanctimonious words are mixed with staged self-pity, and I hope to have an early full report with some verbatim extracts for your delectation.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I wonder who you could be referring to?
I am now very much looking forward to my first informal council meeting.
I hope that the gentleman concerned doesn't cross the libel / slander line, now that would be an interesting development and something that undoubtedly your friends within will brief you about.

sound cove said...

Do you and your cronies within the council get some sort of perverse pleasure out of these thinly-veiled "anonymous" comments?

Is your negative sniping the example you want to set your children? Do you think they will look back with pride in a few years at how you are conducting yourself?

The disappointing thing is that you obviously have some ability, but are choosing to direct your energy into negative personal vendettas.

There are plenty of good things happening in Scotland just now, so why not bin your negativity and try to make a positive difference?

Anonymous said...

Oh but sound cove it's so much fun and all done with the local council taxpayers money.

Anonymous said...

Yeh, you're right. sorry, I forgot that Angus was expelled from the SNP for thinking for himself.

Please turn this blog into a hagiography for Alex Salmond, Angus MacNeil and Alastair Alan.

sound cove said...

To the individual who posted the last message as "sound cove", please don't try and drag me down to your level.

I (the real "sound cove") don't know what a hagiography is, nor how I would provide a link to it. I wonder if any ex-councillors would know how to do that. But surely they wouldn't stoop so low as to post as someone else in an attempt to discredit their postings. Would they? If you weren't so poisonous, I would have to laugh. Instead, I feel sorry for you.

Think of your children and try to do them proud.

Anonymous said...

sound cove, you seem obsessed with children. Have you considered therapy?

To post a link just Google and find the simple instructions. Even for you that shouldn't be too difficult.

Now tell us about your relationship with the SNP....

Angus said...

Having had my identity used on a number of occasions I sympathise with sound cove. I think that if you add a picture to the Blogger identity then it makes it impossible to spoof.

sound cove said...

Though not exactly a floating voter, not being a member of any political party I wasn't bound to vote for anyone in particular last month.

I'll congratulate good ideas wherever they come from, whether Labour (smoking ban), SNP (abolishing graduate endowment) or otherwise.

Hope that helps clarify things.