Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Friday, March 23, 2007

Another weekend, another island

This weekend sees me flying in to Esjberg, Denmark, for a KIMO conference on the island of Fanø, just off the city of Esbjerg.

The first thing I noticed as we landed was that the ground crew didn't have the paddles that UK ground crew always have. The positioning of the aircraft on the apron therefore took on the appearance of someone trying to help a very large car back into a very tight space.

My second impression was despair, as I realised my Danish Kroner was actually Swedish Kronor and I wasn't sure how I was going to pay for the bus, as they wouldn't take my Euros either. Thankfully, a very kind gentleman returning from a fishing weekend on the Dee paid my fare to Esbjerg town centre, where I found a cashpoint.

No comments: