Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Stornoway Grey

This appears to be a genuine colour used by Landrover. A quick Google search throws up 800+ hits, all of which I consider to be insulting.

I propose to launch an on-line petition to have this colour renamed, or at least get Stornoway rebranded into something less hurtful. I'll have to spend some time trying to select alternatives to propose to Landrover, before I make a desperate dash for the headlines. Perhaps ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about new labour?

Michelle Therese said...

I have to disagree with you here: Grey isn't a bad color! It's a lovely color full of all sorts of blues along with black and white. I hear people complain about how "dull" Orkney is with the "boring" grey houses everywhere. In my opinion they completely lack imagination! Grey is the color of the Isles and whenever I think of grey now I see the traditional stone (or other grey material) hooses and the mellow overcast skies (which are not bad either!) as well as the musical burns, the bird-haunted lochs and of course: the sea!

Pardon me if I seem to be waxing poetic here. But honestly! "Stornoway Grey" invokes a rather lovely picture in my mind.

When I first arrived on Orkney I was taken aback by the "boring" browns of the heather covered hills. To me it basically looked like a bunch of boring dirt. But now that I've been here a while I see so much more in the brown hills: I see the many facets of Orkney!! The colors brown and grey have moved up several notches on my, "Colors that make me feel good" warm-fuzy scale.

My hackles *would* go up a bit if I heard of a vehicle color called, "Orkney Coo Slurry Broon"...or "Scottish Coo Cud Green"

Anonymous said...

Comhairles Con?

Anonymous said...

coffee wife you are right, i was being much too kind too new labour!