Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

My influence is staggering

Barely 24 hours after receiving the flyer from Charter 88 and barely six hours after posting the link to the "Elect the Lords" website, the Members of the House of Commons have seen sense.

They have supported democracy over the discredited principle of dropping Favoured Friends and time-serving party apparatchiks into cushy positions, regardless of what the public think.

Clearly with all the MPs logging onto this site to take make obscene and unprintable suggestions in the internationally famous caption competition, I have been able to persuade the majority to follow the right course of action.

Modesty forbids me from indicating my future plans, except to say that I won't let ennoblement go to my head.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Modesty is a very rarely seen in politics nowadays, don't you agree?
Cheery Tws...

Michelle Therese said...

Wow! A politician with a blog! Am I seeing things?? I don't know if I'd find something like this back home!! I'm an American (from Alaska) that just recently married a handsom Orcadian farmer and now I've found myself living in a new country with a whole new world of politics! Ready for the stupidest question you've ever been asked? Great! "What is a councillor and what do councillors do?"

Your caption contest was brave! Looks like you got nailed with lots of smut though. I had to remove comments from my blogspot blog because folk were acting like bullies from 3rd grade. I have a BBC blog and everyone that comments there is decent! I don't know if I'd have the guts for a caption contest though.

Have a great day!!

-Michelle Therese

Anonymous said...

You won't be able to get in the door, your HEAD will be so BIG. Be humble councillor, arrogance and big-headedness ( I'm not really sure if that's a proper word, but I'm sure you get my drift ) is not a pretty picture to paint of a windmill loving, re-election seeking councillor, or have you gone all American on us. Cheery Tws.........

Angus said...

TWS, I was being ironic, rather than moronic. I'm a Groucho Marxist when it comes to clubs....

I was also being wry about my failure to read the flyer before I posted the link, and didn't realise the vote was the same day.

But, what's a bandwagon without a politician jumping on it.

Angus said...

Coffee wife: I only filter the posts to prevent two or three specific idiots from spoiling it for everyone, again. All the entries in the caption competition were allowed through, as they weren't anywhere as bad as I expected....

Michelle Therese said...

I still say that having a caption contest takes guts! I'd never dare!!