Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Free school milk

I have just become aware that free school milk is being cut for Primary pupils from April. I've been trying to get more information, but a comment has prompted me to post, partially in ignorance, and partially in embarrassment.

It appears that this proposal went through in the budget for 2007/08 passed by the Comhairle last month, and I freely admit that I didn't see it in the budget paperwork, nor did I attend the Finance Working Party at which it would have been discussed, as the meeting clashed with my busiest time at work.

So a huge mea culpa from me for my sins of omission, but I am going to try to find out what I can do to reverse this decision. However, I may have a conflict of interest which will result in me not being able to raise the issue in Council, which means that I couldn't have objected to the cut, even if I had seen it.

No comments: