Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A major problem

When we loaded the suitcases we carefully weighed the bags to ensure we (the bags!) were not overweight on either the Loganair or the Thomas Cook flights. We were exactly at the limit for Loganair, but incredibly had gained over 2 kgs per bag at Glasgow Airport.

As part of the packing we had to leave behind some of the books we intended to bring with us, so as not to be overweight.

Yesterday and today, Sue has been busy with a major - planned - personnel and HR issue for a very large oil company over three continents and five countries. So I sat around the play-area with the kids and managed to get some significant amounts of reading done.

I had taken five books with me, and I have read them all by the end of week one, so I'm having to move on to Sue's books before I go insane. The alternative is the Daily Mail or Daily Express, or some airport books in the small on-site shop.

It's great to have the chance to read so much - part of the absence of pressure from the Comhairle - and I'm looking forward to catching up over the next 4 (or 8 or 12) years.

No comments: