Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Stealing a connection

Last night I discovered in my hotel in Uist that I had no phone cable to connect the laptop to the internet, and I couldn't get the cable out of the back of the phone!

Panic, and with Taigh Cersabhaigh (sp?) closed until 10am, I've resorted to cruising Lochmaddy looking for a spare wireless connection that I can hack into. Avoiding being arrested or crashing the car, I have managed to find an open connection and am accessing my mail at 5Mpbs.

Are there any 'official' open connections in the Uists?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taigh Dearg in Lochmaddy. Also Nunton Steadings in Benbecula, and Seal View B&B in Berneray.

Anonymous said...

It is a crime to hack into someones network without permission to steal bandwidth and others have been convicted for this.

DonHardlyOny said...

Its easy to stop people using your connection.
And very "charitable" to leave it open.
No harm no foul.