Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Away

I found myself unexpectedly off the islands, and away in a far-off land in which little or nothing is known about the islands. No, not Inverness, but much further. Beyond Perth and into the region marked in the Stornoway Gazette official map of Lewis and Scotland as “Here be dragons.”

After a champagne breakfast – the champagne was very nice, but the breakfast was dogfood – I realised that I was in a place where the internet facilities were limited, and it actually involved me making an effort in order to stay in touch. That was obviously too much of an effort, so I resolved to try to live without the internet and to use the TV and the newspapers to keep a track of what was going on. I’ve decided to date the posts when I write them, not when I post them, hence any delays.

This will continue for a few days, and I have decided to replace prompt posting with a more discerning and scathing approach.

No comments: