Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Attempted gagging

Having experienced a concerted and long running campaign by a certain individual who doesn't have the balls to have a face to face debate and who has tried to gag this blog through backdoor smears, I have decided to hand over the control of this blog to specially selected third parties.

They will be wholly responsible for all editorial decisions although I assure you that the quality of postings and incisiveness will remain the same.

This individual's fear of criticism is particularly un-endearing, but I continue to remain determined that all who hold a position of authority are held to account and that local issues continue to be debated and criticised or applauded where appropriate.

The hand-picked team have promised to continue to entertain, broadly in my style, but pulling fewer punches and (with their permission) I will continue to post sporadically until such time as the attempted gagging ceases.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this team going to identify themselves?

Captain Swing said...

Do we get to know who the 'new owners' of the blogg are or are they just going to be an anonymous bunch of malcontents and bigots like most of the correspondents to this Blogg?

I to wish to remain anonymous hence my use of a pseudonym, but at least by using a pseudonym readers can start to judge what I am about and can see whether I am being consistent or hypocritical.

I don't blame you for giving up Angus if you are being got at for expressing opinions that do not find favour with those in control. But that seems to be the way of the world here criticism constructive or otherwise is not taken too kindly.

Go and look after you family(s) by the sound of it they need all of your attention and not someone worried by vindictive attacks on their credibility because they had the audacity to run a Blogg that knocked the establishment.

As to whether I continue to read and comment on this Blogg will remain to be seen. I hope the new owners are not going to be afraid to tell it like it is, without being malicious.

Anonymous said...

?? Don't get it. Surely the new bloggers could just create their own blogs. At the moment, they're just riding on the audience you've built up with this blog. This seems kinda messy and means people have to note who is writing which blog posting.

I've had hassle with stuff I've written (often very mild) on my own blog. Because the hassler either
- can't cope with someone else having a different opinion to their own, and expressing it
- is a control freak, is delusional, and thinks they are the self-appointed local spokesperson
- doesn't like a little light being shone on their illegal activities

I'm just carrying on. If I write something illegal, slanderous or libellous, then they of course have the legal right to sue me.

Anyway, they'll be even more gutted when the book I'll write comes out. Self-publishing means you don't need to find a publisher, and can do it all yourself. For example, here's a book written by a Lewis resident that's a thinly-veiled documentary on living there. Have fun identifying the people and places!

Anonymous said...

Do I detect a self-plug somewhere?