Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Monday, May 26, 2008

Gang left MP unconscious

Call me unsympathetic, but don't you think that her own party are largely to blame for the whole situation?

Describing her encounter with the group of youths, she said

"I didn't see them but I heard them and I could tell that they were either high or drunk or they were very loud.

"I took my mobile phone out of my pocket and held on to it and when I came across them I realised they were really quite rowdy and could have been a bit of a threat, but I didn't think this much of a threat."

Perhaps she will now appreciate just what her constituents in Musselburgh have had to face for a very long time.

Does she think that there might, just, possibly, be a connection between the failure of the policy on 'Education, education, education', the encouragement of the supermarkets to grow their businesses partly by flogging cheap booze to the masses, and the lack of job opportunities or apprenticeships for youngsters and what has happened to her.

Perhaps, just perhaps some of the blame might lie with the former Scottish Executive, and it's failure to effectively tackle social issues. Oh no, that's not good enough....

The MP, whose property has been attacked in the past and who has complained of a political vendetta against her, said it was "highly unlikely" she had been targeted.

As the problems stemmed from a dodgy selection contest, it does seem unlikely, but she doesn't miss the moment of grandiose self-importance.

But she said: "I suppose there's a slight chance. I suppose those that have been nasty towards me politically could have said 'duff her up' or something like that.

She'll be looking for armed officers to follow her around next.

"But there was no way they would know I was going out at that time of the night."

At last reality bites.

She was mugged for a gold chain, her 'good' watch a diamond ring and diamond stud earrings. Perhaps the thugs saw a pompous middle-aged wealthy woman, who claims generous expenses yet seems to do little for her money, and they decided that redistribution of wealth was a policy that she used to support, and needed reminding about.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the thugs saw a pompous middle-aged wealthy woman, who claims generous expenses yet seems to do little for her money, and they decided that redistribution of wealth was a policy that she used to support, and needed reminding about.

Disgraceful comments, I expected better from you. Have you always been an apologist for intoxicated violent people?

Angus said...

Nowhere do I condone what they have done; indeed I wouldn't want to have been in her situation. However, as she was part of a Government that has done nothing to stop this sort of behaviour happening - and has in my view exacerbated the alienation of the young - she cannot start trying to blame 'society' for her party's failings.

Having been assaulted by drunken thugs myself whilst out canvassing, I do know what is is like. But, this is one of the many areas where politicians like to be seen to do something, anything, regardless of whether or not it actually works; perhaps she will understand the problems of anti-social behaviour on the rest of her constituents better.

Anonymous said...

reading the headline i thought to myself - "how could they tell...?"

Anonymous said...

It's the gangs fault 100 percent. Bottom line: they had the total choice of whether to attack and rob, or not.

Anonymous said...

This sort of violence is a Scotland-wide disgrace and not an issue to which blame can be blithely laid at the door of the Labour Party. Or indeed any party. What an utterly absurd thing to say.

A lone woman gets assaulted by a group of neds and you politicise it in a practically gloating manner? Would your reaction have been the same if it was your wife or sister or mother? Or a colleague?

Seriously disappointing comments from you Angus.

Anonymous said...

I am disgusted by your comments about this poor woman. No-one deserves violence like that whatever the circumstance. I do hope that you are exposed for your views if you ever decide to stand for the council again.