|Sgoil nan Loch ||CLOSURE 2009|
|Cliasmol||CONSULT ON CLOSURE IN 2008|
|Craigston||CONSULT ON CLOSURE IN 2008|
|Stoneybridge ||CONSULT ON CLOSURE IN 2008|
|Bragar||CONSULT ON CLOSURE IN 2008|
AND, as if that wasn't enough:
"That further reports be submitted to the Comhairle as further consideration for the closure of primary schools are proposed in accordance with the criteria that no primary pupil should be required to travel on home to school transport for more than 30 minutes to and from school; and that there is adequate capacity in the proposed receiving school"
The reasons being given are:
- The proposed new 3-18 curriculum and its implications
- The need to release and redirect the financial resources required to fund the proportion of the cost of the Western Isles Schools Project which falls to the Comhairle.
- The continuing decline in the school rolls. In 2006/07 the total P7 roll was 50% higher than the total P1 roll.
- The generally tightening financial settlements. As rolls fall total funding falls in proportion.
* 23/8/07: A Council spokesman said, Daliburgh is not on the final list - I have an early draft of the report, and how the hell did I get my hands on it? This list seems to have been lifted and copied by all the media, keeping the unnamed Council spokesman (Nigel) quite busy.