Share |
The truths they don't want you to read....

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Storàs Uibhist

South UistAs you may have seen from press reports, something seems to be badly wrong in the South Uist community company.

Having been on to this story a few weeks back, following a tip-off from a concerned resident, I've been making a few enquires and a few FoI requests. Knowing my luck, the documents are going to get here whilst I'm away and someone else will run with the story.

The position of Chief Executive remains unfilled, and a second advertisement has been published. Is it true that a very highly qualified individual was identified at the first advertisement and despite an excellent interview was not selected?

The resignation of two directors - who are very highly thought of in the community - one of whom I know well, and for whom I have the highest regard and respect, indicates all is not well. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place of not doing down the community, but not wanting to see anything that might not be in the best interests of the community as a whole allowed to be pushed through.

I understand that legal letters have been sent to the former directors which have effectively gagged them on pain of serious legal consequences, which leads one to ask, "Is that in the best interests of the community as a whole?" I haven't got the answers, yet, but when I do I'll let you know.

In the meantime, if anyone wishes to forward any information to me - with a promise of total confidentiality - I'd be most grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What many people in Uist would like to know is when the next elections to Storas Uibhist are going to be held. If, as the constitution requires (I think) directors can serve a maximum of three years, are all the current directors going to stand down after their maximum period of service or are they going to have an election each year for 2 or 3 directors to be elected?